Do you have the skills and passion to work at Catskill Animal Sanctuary?
Catskill Animal Sanctuary has an immediate opening for an experienced part-time, full-charge bookkeeper (approximately 20-24 hrs per week).
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Track and record paid time off
- Process accounts payable & receivable
- Conduct monthly bank account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete annual sales tax filing
- Assemble information and prepare documentation for annual audit
- Conduct year-end close
- Maintain and ensure accurate inventory records and financial files
- Record and monitor Vendor, Contractor & Insurance information
- Provide administrative support to management as requested
The ideal candidate will have (a):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field plus 5 years of nonprofit accounting experience or equivalent work experience
- Detail-oriented accomplishments
- Proficiency in GAAP & Excel
- Experience in all aspects of QuickBooks Nonprofit edition
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines & prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to contribute to team efforts
- Emotional maturity with a strong work ethic. Compassion for social justice and animal rights preferred.
Experience with Paychex and Human Resources experience a plus. Flexible scheduling with Mondays required for payroll. Hourly rate DOE. This position is open to configuration as a staff position with benefits or as an independent contractor (no benefits).
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.