DONOR RELATIONS MANAGER
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies that will enhance and grow revenue while deepening relationships with existing donors, tracking all donor activities and growing existing donor base in both quantity and donation dollars. This is a full-time, professional position. Travel, and occasional weekend and evening work is required.
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting, cultivating, and stewarding individual donors, including strategies to engage and retain new donor stakeholders and increase major gifts.
- Handles day to day communication in a manner that reflects CAS’s Love Spoken Here philosophy and deepens donor engagement
Supervise Donor Assistant and ensure integrity, accuracy, and security of CRM data
Primary point of contact for Neon CRMS
Provide tracking reports for all donor segments, points of contact, moves management, etc.
Collaborate with Business, Communications and Programs departments to insure effective messaging for campaigns
Collaborate with Development team to create, manage, and execute the annual fundraising calendar
Completing donor/development analysis and making informed recommendations for any modifications needed
Advance and maintain relationships with corporations and implement strategies to increase
Work hand in hand with other Development team members to develop robust and cohesive campaigns for Sponsorship, Membership, and Events.
Support Grants and Foundation work when necessary with data analysis or other materials.
Oversee staff trainings as necessary in Neon CRM database
Represent CAS/Development at internal and external meetings
Stay up to date with fundraising trends (in general and specific to AC/Vegan/Climate Change initiatives), tax laws that may impact philanthropy, and emerging technology/communication vehicles used for fundraising
Establish and maintain a strong networking presence within the communities we serve and the AC /Vegan/Climate Change communities
Serves as Development representative for CAS events
Strong organization and time management systems
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to be a powerful, diplomatic, and efficient communicator
Maintain good working relationships with peers and leadership and collaborate with departments to advance programs and evaluate projects
- Supervise Development interns
Major Gift Responsibilities:
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with an active list of major prospects
- With CAS Leadership, co-lead on major donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and donor stewardship
- Research, qualify, cultivate and thank prospective donors
- Develop and propose strategies to solicit for and secure major gifts
- Participate in direct donor cultivation and/or solicitation activities, ensuring that solicitations are carried out, thanking prospects and donors, and reporting to donors on results
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Proficiency with NEON, Microsoft and GSuite systems preferred (may consider candidates with proficiency with other CRMs)
- Deep personal commitment to a vegan lifestyle and knowledge of issues related to farmed animal rights
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with demonstrated capability to write with clarity, enthusiasm, and engagement
- Track record of meaningful engagement with major donors, community decision makers, business owners, and corporate donors on multiple levels
- Robust time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and priorities
- Highly organized proven ability to lead development/donor-related activities
- Strong desire to connect with and promote our mission, the animals, and their stories
- Team player with excellent relationship-building skills, listening skills, professional maturity, and sound judgment
- Ability to travel for donor meetings, conferences, and other as identified by CAS Leadership
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Complete the form below or email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.