Love farm animals?
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a haven for rescued farmed animals. Our mission is to rescue and rehabilitate farmed animals, to ignite social change to end their exploitation, and to promote veganism.
The Farm Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all our animals have clean pastures, barns and sleeping quarters.
Daily duties include:
- Cleaning stalls, barns, and enclosures
- Putting down fresh bedding
- Cleaning pastures
- Loading and stacking hay/straw
- Operating farm vehicles
- Assisting with snow shoveling in winter
- Must adhere to our strict policy of animal treatment
- Previous experience within an animal related/farm setting is a plus, but not required
- Positive attitude
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift 75 lbs. with ease
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work weekends
This position is fast-paced, physically demanding, and requires someone happily willing to work in any weather conditions. It will keep you active!
Starting salary $13/hour with 90-day performance review. Benefits include advancement opportunities and the prospect to join a friendly staff working together to end animal suffering all in a beautiful, serene setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Please email a cover letter telling us why you would like to work here, your resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.