RESEARCH + SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR
Who We Are:
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a 150-acre haven for rescued farmed animals in New York’s Hudson Valley celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2021. In addition to direct animal aid, the Sanctuary offers signature programming aimed at hastening humanity’s transition to veganism: customized tours, both virtual and in-person; a robust vegan cooking program, and the Founder’s podcast, which is being relaunched this spring after a hiatus due to Covid.
CAS seeks a part-time, 20 hrs./week assistant to the Founder to be her “right hand” in the execution of two of her primary responsibilities—the creation and growth of her weekly podcast, and the elevation of the sanctuary and its urgent mission via social media, guest appearances on podcasts, and speaking engagements. Time permitting, numerous other tactical duties pertaining to the advancement of our mission will also be part of a normal week. A minimum of 1 day/week on-site is required.
The ideal candidate balances exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with the technological requirements of the position, and wants to be part of a team working towards our vision of a world free from suffering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Soup to nuts podcast support: research and book an outstanding roster of guests who help distinguish our podcast from all others, update ED calendar, gather and present research in support of each episode, and assist with content creation.
- Social media content assistance for personal pages: create social media posts for personal and public figure pages, engage with followers as appropriate, share CAS content. Assist with research for larger content pieces as requested.
- Marketing: secure both guest spots on appropriate podcasts and national speaking appearances. Conduct research and outreach; manage booking details and travel arrangements.
- Assistance with other research, planning, and tactical tasks as they arise and as time allows
Strong Candidates Possess:
- Deep personal commitment to a vegan lifestyle and knowledge of issues related to farmed animal abuse and rights
- Working knowledge of social media marketing best practices
- Superior organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills: writing samples required.
- The desire to be part of a collaborative team that fosters a culture of excellence
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility to work occasional weekend day as required
- Degree in related field and 3 or more years’ relevant experience
This is a half-time position with 1 day/week on-site required. Possibility of a full-time position within one year. Pay rate range is $19-$20/hr depending on experience. Benefits include flexible work week, paid time off, annual cost-of-living raises (budget permitting), and the ability to be part of a team of kind, high-performing people working toward our vision of a world in which all can thrive.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please include resume, writing samples, and cover letter in your application. Please note that you will only be contacted if we wish to invite you for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Complete the form below or email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Research + Social Media Assistant” in the subject line). No calls, please.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.