Pay Rate: $11.10/hour
Catskill Animal Sanctuary seeks a part-time, weekend greeter to welcome and assist visitors for our weekend public tours. Hours are Saturdays & Sundays April 1st – November 30th, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm. Some national holidays that fall on a weekday during the open season will also require greeter staffing. End times may vary in inclement weather. Responsibilities include helping visitors experience the sanctuary as a welcoming, educational, unique, safe, and friendly environment. Originally created as a volunteer position, the paid greeter will take on more responsibility than in the volunteer role.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and customer service skills, and a commitment to our mission. The candidate must also be able to spend 6 hours outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions and to manage their responsibilities without needing supervision. Position is supervised by the Tour Programs Manager.
Greeters do not need to be available both Saturday or Sunday during our open season, but should be able to commit to at least one weekend day per week.
- Welcome visitors to the sanctuary and answer their questions.
- Enforce visitor guidelines in a friendly and firm manner.
- Direct parking to ensure most efficient use of limited parking area.
- Orient visitors to the Sanctuary by providing information on tour prices and schedule, where to buy tickets, what visitors can do before their tour, location of restrooms, and where they may wait for tours.
- Promoting the Sanctuary’s additional programming to weekend visitors.
- Ensure safety of rescued animals, which includes monitoring visitor interactions with them, and keeping free-ranging residents from walking off Sanctuary property.
- Check posted weekend schedule for expected group tours to prepare for orientation and specific parking directions.
- Perform restroom trailer responsibilities (opening and cleaning before tours, periodic checking and restocking of supplies, etc).
- Perform basic clean-up of tour waiting area (removal of tree branches, leftover water bottles, etc.).
- Maintain ongoing communication on weekend days with Welcome Hut and Tours staff regarding tours.
- Communicate with Animal Care weekend staff as needed.
- Communicate with Business Department and Tours staff regarding restroom trailer supplies as needed.
- Submit availability to scheduling program and communicate any changes to Tour Programs Manager.
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Complete the form below or email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.