Throughout the year, we welcome community organizations, schools, non-profits, businesses, and all other groups of 10 or more on weekdays or weekends for special group tours.
On your tour, which lasts about 90 minutes, you will meet many rescued animals, hear their powerful rescue stories, explore the plight of animals exploited for food, and learn how you can help.
Nonprofit Organizations & School Groups
All Other Groups
- $10 per person
Enjoy lunch from a local business on Catskill grounds. Download a lunch menu flyer.
Ethical Choices Program
Expand your knowledge with FREE presentations at your site! Through our partnership with Ethical Choices, we can send an educator to your group before or after your trip to Catskill to deepen your experience. Educators are available in many states around the country so even if you can't bring your group for a tour you can still have an educator come to your group. Learn more about the compelling presentations available.
- Footwear: We strongly recommend wearing comfortable and sturdy shoes as this is a walking tour.
- Speed Limit on Sanctuary Grounds: For the safety of our free roaming rescued residents and guests, we require a 5 mph speed limit on all Sanctuary roads.
- Food: For the safety of our rescued animals and you, we do not allow any food on the tour. We know it's tempting but many of our rescued residents are on special diets and can be harmed from other foods. For their safety and well-being, please do not feed them anything. While snacks are available when our welcome hut is open, please enjoy them before or after the tour. We require that any snacks brought on-site be vegan as per our policy below.
- Vegan Policy: Out of respect for our mission and the values we uphold, we require that any food brought on-site be vegan and free of anything from an animal (flesh, milk, eggs, etc). We are happy to recommend nearby restaurants that have vegan options for after your visit and have a handout to help in this regard as well.
- Dogs: We love dogs! However, for the safety and well-being of our rescued residents, especially those that roam freely like our chickens, we are not able to allow dogs on the sanctuary grounds or tours. This includes both companion dogs and service dogs. Our policy is in alignment with the guidelines set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Further, for the safety of all dogs, it is our policy not to allow dogs to remain unattended in cars on our property. Temperatures can quickly rise to dangerous levels inside cars. Further, while we wish we had the staffing and resources to offer to care for your dog while you take a tour, we are not able to do that at this time.
- Smoking: For health and safety reasons, we do not allow smoking anywhere on the property including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, cigars, and pipes.
- Accessibility: Tours include unpaved roads, but the terrain is mostly flat. If it's been raining then the unpaved roads can become muddy. If it hasn't rained much in the days leading up to your tour then the roads should be fine for wheelchairs and scooters. The tour enters the turkey yards where the gate is not wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs. The tour guide will stay near the fence so that anyone who can't enter can still participate in that part of the tour. We've welcomed visitors who use scooters or wheelchairs on tours without limiting their experience. Our public restroom trailer is also wheelchair-accessible, but is only available April-October due to weather restrictions.
We request all group tour reservations be made at least four weeks in advance.
If you are interested in scheduling a group tour, please complete the Group Tour Reservation form and our Tour Programs Manager, Kaden Maguire, will be in touch to schedule the tour.