90 Minute Regular Tours
Regular tours are 90-minute guided tours of the sanctuary, geared toward a general audience.
About Public Tours
Regular Tours: A 90-minute guided tour of the Sanctuary. You’ll get to connect and cuddle with the residents who love affection (and say a hi from afar to the shy ones). You’ll hear their inspiring stories, learn about where they came from, and learn about standard industry practices. You’ll learn how we can all create a more compassionate and sustainable future for all beings. Though all material is presented in a gentle, appropriate way, due to the duration and content of this tour, we offer a different option for visitors with children under the age of 5.
Buy Regular Tour (90 min) Tickets
Family Focused Tours: Bringing a toddler? This is perfect for them! We offer this 60-minute tour designed for maximum engagement of young children (under 4). You’ll connect with a select number of residents, learn their stories and what makes them unique as individuals, and cuddle with the residents who appreciate the attention from small humans.
Buy Family Tour (60 min) Tickets
Want to stroll the Sanctuary grounds all day (10am-3:00pm)? Book a Day Pass— includes a complimentary tour ticket!
Buy A Day Pass
We can’t wait for you to visit!
- Based on CDC Recommendations and NYS policies, we are no longer requiring proof of vaccination or masks (indoors or outdoors) to visit Catskill Animal Sanctuary.
- We ask that visitors please respect Tour Staff’s personal decisions to be wearing masks as they interact with a wide variety of guests.
- We will continue to encourage (not require) limited occupancy and mask-wearing in our small, indoor Welcome Hut and restroom trailers.
- All visitors must agree to this statement: I understand that due to the highly contagious nature of this virus that even with safety measures in place I may be potentially at risk because I am around other people. I waive Catskill Animal Sanctuary of any responsibility if I contract COVID-19 from this or any visit.
- If you have booked a tour and are experiencing a fever or other COVID symptoms or have tested positive for COVID in the past 5 days, please stay home! We will help you reschedule your tour for another weekend.
Alert For Visitors With Birds: HPAI H5N1 (highly pathogenic avian flu) remains a threat to both domesticated and wildlife birds in our region of New York. Due to the highly transmissible and deadly nature of this strain of Avian Flu, we will not be visiting with our resident chickens, turkeys, ducks or geese on tours. We also recommend that you reconsider visiting at this time if you have a flock at home. You can learn more about our avian flu prevention efforts here, and, in the meantime, check out our virtual programming options!
All Sanctuary tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather, we may need to make adjustments to the start time and/or duration of your tour. If we cancel your tour due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
Unfortunately, as a small nonprofit organization, we are unable to issue ticket refunds if you are unable to attend.