Come Visit Us!
Getting to CAS from NYC
Take The Bus: From Port Authority take NY Trailways to the Kingston, NY stop, then take a cab to Catskill Animal Sanctuary – it’s a ten minute cab ride.
Take The Train: From Penn Station take Amtrak to the Rhineclifff, NY station, then take a cab to Catskill Animal Sanctuary – it’s a twenty minute cab ride.
Call a Cab: Red Hook Taxi 845-758-1478
316 Old Stage Road
Saugerties, NY 12477
From the South:
- Take the New York Thruway (87) to Exit 19 (Kingston).
- Go through the toll, then take an immediate right onto 28 West/209/Rhinecliff Bridge.
- Go 1/4 mile and exit onto 209 North (toward Rhinecliff Bridge).
- Take the 9W North Exit toward Saugerties.
- Once off the exit ramp, proceed 1.4 miles to Old Stage Road. Turn right.
- At the fork, bear left.
- Go 1.3 miles to 316 Old Stage Road, sign and mailbox are on left, driveway is on right. The Sanctuary is not visible from road – continue following driveway to the bottom of the hill.
Dining and Lodging
Stay on Sanctuary grounds! the Homestead is a beautifully renovated 1813’s guest house open for visitors.
Ulster County Tourism also has an extensive list of places to stay — everything from campsites to Bed and Breakfasts to hotels.