The Homestead at Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a beautifully renovated pre-Civil War residence located on the grounds and available to Sanctuary members. The Homestead and grounds have wonderful photo opportunities and will provide a memorable experience for you and your guests.
The Homestead is available for Supporter level or higher members to host events of no more than 30 people inside or 50 people outside. Events may have a maximum duration of 6 hours, ending no later than 9 p.m.
- Use of all guest rooms, living room, and bathrooms from 3 p.m. the afternoon before to 11 a.m. the morning after your event. Only the maximum occupancy of 8 people may stay overnight (excluding children on cots or air mattresses)
- Breakfast for your overnight guests
- Use of the side lawn at The Homestead
- Caterer use of our residential kitchen for heating food and clean up
- Sanctuary tour for your event attendees
- Staff member on-site for the duration of the event for questions or emergencies
- Securing all caterers and rentals (tent, tables, chairs, plates & utensils, AV equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring that all food and beverages brought to the property are vegan
- Ensuring that alcohol is consumed responsibly
- Set up and clean up (you may want to consider hiring your rental company)
Out of respect for Catskill Animal Sanctuary’s mission and for the rescued animals who live here, all food and beverages served must be vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or animal byproducts). We do not have catering facilities, but caterers may use the kitchen to heat food, plate, and clean up.
All rentals must be delivered and removed within the timeframe for your event.
Musicians & Entertainment
You’re welcome to include musicians, DJs, or other types of entertainers at your event provided that the noise level is no greater than 90 decibels and no live animals or animal products are used in any performance.
All vendors including caterers, musicians, photographers, and rental companies must provide the Sanctuary with a certificate of liability insurance.
- Indoor or outdoor events for up to 30 people are $1,900 plus $40 per person
- Outdoor events for 31 – 50 people are $3,400 plus $40 per person
- Rates include a $100 Supporter level membership fee. If you are already a member at the Supporter level or higher, the $100 fee will be waived.